The USB-TACH-02 is a USB based data collection module for measuring the frequency, or count of up to two signals simultaneously. The device allows for both digital and analog inputs, as well as supporting a "slow" measurement mode for use with mechanical equipment. All input and output channels feature electrical protection for use in harsh electrical environments. The module also features a crystal free design for use in harsh mechanical environments.
Robotics, industrial automation, machine vision, hobbyist electronics bench, systems monitoring, and many more...
- Analog Input Channel
- Buffered inputs allow for measurement of low level signals without the need for additional circuitry
- User selectable gain from 1x to 48x
- User selectable threshold from 1.65V to 2.89V
- 7 Channel input multiplexer
- 0 to 100KHz input frequency
- Conditioned analog signal available as a digital output
- Digital Channel
- 0 to 4 MHz input frequency
- 1.65V input threshold
- Both Channels
- I/O protected to +/-25V
- 24 bit internal counters allow for long run event counting without overflow
- Continuous sampling in parallel with counting, zero missed counts
- Tachometer function allows for rotation measurement to 6 RPM, slower rotations available with customized modules
- Module Hardware
- Small size (33 mm x 27.8 mm)
- Lead-free / ROHS compliant
- Extremely rugged, crystal free design and high accuracy, crystal based versions
- Operates from a low power USB 1.1 / 2.0 hub
- Can be used stand alone, or incorporated into a larger system
- Incorporates the FTDI USB IC
- Royalty free drivers for Windows CE, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS-8, Mac OS-9, Mac OS-X, Linux 2.40 and greater, Android (Beta)
- Virtual COM port or high speed direct communication options through FTDI driver
- User customizable VID / PID, VID & PID numbers available through FTDI at no charge
- Large support and development community
- Communicates with a simple binary serial protocol
- Test application available for Windows and Linux platforms
- Sample C++ driver class source code available for maximum flexibility across platforms, operating systems, and development tools.
Demo Application Screenshot:
For applicaitons where you do not need the full module a preprogrammed processor IC is available, which can be directly incorporated into your project.