The USB-PID-03 module implements three independent PID (proportional, integral, derivative) control loops. The module accepts commands from a computer with an available USB host port to control three PID PWM outputs. The outputs may be used directly, buffered, or converted to analog voltages. The input and output parameters are configurable to customize the module to your specific application. Channels not being used for PID control can be used as simple ADC inputs and PWM outputs. All I/O lines feature electrical protection for use in harsh electrical enviroments. The module also features a crystal free design for use in harsh mechanical environments.
Robotics, industrial automation, temperature control, process control, hobbyist electronics bench, systems monitoring, and many more...
- 3 Independent control loops with simultaneous sampling
- Allows for synchronized control, and power measurements
- 12 bit resolution with independent offset and gain adjustments for each channel
- Configurable input gain allowing for 0 - 0.2V up to 0 - 3.3V input range
- Three configurable output modes
- PWM for direct servo control, with an "in-band" digital output
- PWM with direction, output for general control applications
- PID Disable allows channels not being used for PID control to be used as simple ADC inputs and PWM outputs.
- PWM signals easily converted to 0-3.3V DC levels with one additional component
- Up to 16 bit PWM resolution on all output channels
- Adjustable dead-band, and "in-band" ranges
- Adjustable PWM frequency and pulse width
- Adjustable control loop interval
- Flash memory parameter storage allowing for one time calibration and configuration
- Module Hardware
- Small size (33 mm x 27.8 mm)
- Lead-free / ROHS compliant
- Extremely rugged, crystal free design
- Operates from a low power USB 1.1 / 2.0 hub
- Can be used stand alone, or incorporated into a larger system
- Incorporates the FTDI USB IC
- Royalty free drivers for Windows CE, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS-8, Mac OS-9, Mac OS-X, Linux 2.40 and greater, Android (Beta)
- Virtual COM port or high speed direct communication options through FTDI driver
- User customizable VID / PID, VID & PID numbers available through FTDI at no charge
- Large support and development community
- Communicates with a simple binary serial protocol
- GUI setup application available for Windows and Linux platforms
- Sample C++ driver class source code available for maximum flexibility across platforms, operating systems, and development tools.
Demo Application Screenshot:
For applicaitons where you do not need the full module a preprogrammed processor IC is available, which can be directly incorporated into your project.